The Corporation for Ohio Appalachian Development (COAD) is a 50-year-old nonprofit organization that provides direct services for Ohio’s Appalachian counties in Early Care and Education, AmeriCorps Seniors, Weatherization and Energy Efficiency, and serves the state of Ohio in its accredited Weatherization Training Center. Our regional approach offers many unique benefits including connecting a credentialed workforce with meaningful employment.
As one of the largest non-profits in the region, we strive to improve the quality of life in Appalachia and eliminate the burden of poverty through targeted programs which advocate and serve underrepresented households and individuals. We are currently seeking a talented individual who is passionate about “making a difference” in their community and join our growing team.
We are currently seeking a Training Specialist to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for preparing, developing and delivering training content to participants with a focus on heat related classes.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Confer with OWTC staff and associated advisory groups to ensure alignment of subject teaching areas, and to relate curriculum materials to specific credentials, learning supports, individual student needs, and occupational areas.
- Review educational materials such as digital resources, IREC requirements, existing written course materials, and recommend acquisition of additional materials that will help students meet the required learning standards.
- Assist in the development of behavioral objectives, lesson plans, teaching aides and testing methods for training courses.
- Conducts training courses for COAD’s in-state training customers, evaluates daily and overall progress of training course participants.
- Provide in-field technical assistance and follow-up visits for COAD’s training contracts and customers
- Provides leadership and a positive public image in promoting the programs and services of COA
- A basic understanding of residential construction terminology and techniques, including familiarity with building codes and standards.
- Three years hands on HVAC Experience (608 Certification is a plus)
- Strong writing skills with the ability to learn the curriculum development process.
- Able and willing to attend meetings, seminars, conferences and job-related training as directed.
- Loyal and dedicated to COAD’S mission
What You Get:
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, paid holidays; vision, dental, and medical insurance with an HSA option; generous retirement match, professional development opportunities, an incentivized employee wellness program, and an inclusive employee assistance program. Plus the opportunity to work in a great culture with a team that is committed to making our community a better place for everyone. COAD believes that having a diverse and inclusive workplace not only strengthens our work but is also essential for understanding and creating programs that support our target population. COAD is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, committed to building a diverse inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, citizenship status, caregiver status, or other categories protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org