The Corporation for Ohio Appalachian Development (COAD) is a 50-year-old nonprofit organization that provides direct services for Ohio’s Appalachian counties in Early Care and Education, AmeriCorps Seniors, Weatherization and Energy Efficiency, and serves the state of Ohio in its accredited Weatherization Training Center. Our regional approach offers many unique benefits including connecting a credentialed workforce with meaningful employment.
As one of the largest non-profits in the region, we strive to improve the quality of life in Appalachia and eliminate the burden of poverty through targeted programs which advocate and serve underrepresented households and individuals. We are currently seeking a talented individual who is passionate about “making a difference” in their community and join our growing team.
We are currently seeking a Training Assistant to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the efforts of our training team to prepare, develop and deliver training content to participants with a focus on heat related classes.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist with training courses for in and out of state training customers (including setup/cleanup of class materials/props
- Maintain equipment and props
- Inventory and purchase training supplies
- Actively participate and learn course content with the intent of becoming an instructor
- Provide leadership and a positive public image in promoting COAD’s programs and services
- A basic understanding of residential construction terminology and techniques, including familiarity with building codes and standards.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to learn the curriculum development process.
- Able and willing to attend meetings, seminars, conferences and job-related training as directed.
- Loyal and dedicated to COAD’S mission
What You Get:
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, paid holidays; vision, dental, and medical insurance with an HSA option; generous retirement match, professional development opportunities, an incentivized employee wellness program, and an inclusive employee assistance program. Plus the opportunity to work in a great culture with a team that is committed to making our community a better place for everyone. COAD believes that having a diverse and inclusive workplace not only strengthens our work but is also essential for understanding and creating programs that support our target population. COAD is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, committed to building a diverse inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, citizenship status, caregiver status, or other categories protected by law.
How to Apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.coadinc.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com