The Corporation for Ohio Appalachian Development (COAD) is a 50-year-old nonprofit organization that provides direct services to Ohio’s Appalachian counties in Early Care and Education, AmeriCorps Seniors, Weatherization and Energy Efficiency, and serves the state of Ohio in its accredited Weatherization Training Center. Our regional approach offers many unique benefits including connecting a credentialed workforce with meaningful employment.
As one of the largest non-profits in the region, we strive to improve the quality of life in Appalachia and eliminate the burden of poverty through targeted programs which advocate and serve underrepresented households and individuals. We are currently seeking a talented individual who is passionate about “making a difference” in their community to join our growing team.
We are currently seeking a Payroll and Benefits Administrator who will process payroll for all COAD programs and employees. Administer benefits for eligible employees and assists with oversight of Accounts Payable/Receivable.
- Maintain payroll journals for all COAD programs.
- Responsible for accurate and timely disbursement of biweekly payroll and other payroll-related payments including, credit union accounts, court ordered garnishments, and pension plan
- Responsible for the preparation of all payroll related reports on a biweekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual basis as necessary.
- Oversees disbursement of W-2 and 1095 forms to all employees.
Monitor the payroll bank account and provide the Finance Director with all documents necessary to complete the bank account reconciliation.
- Assists with oversight of Accounts Payable/Receivable for accuracy, timeliness, and completeness.
- Responsible for notifying employees of any changes in our health, life, dental, vision, or disability insurance coverage.
- Maintains the time tracking required for determining FMLA eligibility and tracks utilization in tandem with Human Resources
- Responsible for monitoring employee on-the-job injuries and workers’ compensation claims while working with COAD’s MCO and TPA to ensure we maintain the lowest possible worker’s compensations premium.
- Assists in the recording and maintenance of accounting records to aid in completeness and accuracy.
- Prepare timely, accurate statements for various COAD programs as required by funding sources.
- Communicate with funding sources and reporting agents within funding agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or at least one-year related experience and/or training.
- Work experience in processing payroll and administering benefit programs.
- Knowledgeable of fund accounting and familiar with computerized accounting functions and procedures
- Ability to prepare and/or edit technical fiscal reports, records and/or correspondence; must be accurate in work
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Word and Excel.
- Must be bondable.
- Knowledge of MIP Fund Accounting, Outlook, Accounting software; Internet software; MIP Fund Accounting, Payroll systems; Excel Spreadsheet software, and Word Processing software.
What You Get:
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, paid holidays; vision, dental, and medical insurance with an HSA option; generous retirement match, professional development opportunities, an incentivized employee wellness program, and an inclusive employee assistance program. Plus the opportunity to work in a great culture with a team that is committed to making our community a better place for everyone. COAD believes that having a diverse and inclusive workplace not only strengthens our work but is also essential for understanding and creating programs that support our target population. COAD is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, committed to building a diverse inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, citizenship status, caregiver status, or other categories protected by law.
How to Apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com