The Corporation for Ohio Appalachian Development (COAD) is a 50-year-old nonprofit organization that provides direct services to Ohio’s Appalachian counties in Early Care and Education, AmeriCorps Seniors, Weatherization and Energy Efficiency, and serves the state of Ohio in its accredited Weatherization Training Center. Our regional approach offers many unique benefits including connecting a credentialed workforce with meaningful employment.
As one of the largest non-profits in the region, we strive to improve the quality of life in Appalachia and eliminate the burden of poverty through targeted programs which advocate and serve underrepresented households and individuals. We are currently seeking a talented individual who is passionate about “making a difference” in their community to join our growing team.
We are looking for a friendly and resourceful Help desk technician to provide fast and useful technical assistance to COAD staff on computer systems, to greet visitors, and direct incoming calls to the organization.
An excellent candidate will have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand a problem and explain its solution; this individual must also be kind, flexible, and patient to create a welcoming atmosphere for staff and customers.
The goal is to create value for COAD as an organization that will help preserve the company’s reputation and business.
- Serve as the first point of contact for visitors and incoming calls to the front desk
- Serve as the first point of contact for staff seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution and/or appropriate follow up based on the issue and details provided
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up and update problem status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedure
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases and remote control
- Good understanding of computer systems, software, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
- BSc/BA in IT, Computer Science or significant experience in relevant field
What You Get:
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, paid holidays; vision, dental, and medical insurance with an HSA option; generous retirement match, professional development opportunities, an incentivized employee wellness program, and an inclusive employee assistance program. Plus the opportunity to work in a great culture with a team that is committed to making our community a better place for everyone. COAD believes that having a diverse and inclusive workplace not only strengthens our work but is also essential for understanding and creating programs that support our target population. COAD is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, committed to building a diverse inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, citizenship status, caregiver status, or other categories protected by law.
How to Apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com or visit our website at www.coadinc.org
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org