The Corporation for Ohio Appalachian Development (COAD) is a 50-year-old nonprofit organization that provides direct services for Ohio’s Appalachian counties in Early Care and Education, AmeriCorps Seniors, Weatherization and Energy Efficiency, and serves the state of Ohio in its accredited Weatherization Training Center. Our regional approach offers many unique benefits including connecting a credentialed workforce with meaningful employment. As one of the largest non-profits in the region, we strive to improve the quality of life in Appalachia and eliminate the burden of poverty through targeted programs which advocate and serve underrepresented households and individuals. We are currently seeking a talented individual who is passionate about “making a difference” in their community and join our growing team.
The Family and Community Support Specialist is responsible for assisting public and private agencies with recruitment and retention of foster families. Responsibilities include increasing community interest in establishing, expanding, and improving access to foster care in Ohio’s Appalachian region.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist public and private agencies with recruitment and retention of foster families
- Support foster families throughout the licensing process
- Attend meetings, conferences, and disseminate acquired information to appropriate individuals within the corporation
- Assist with coordination of regional data collection, reporting, and analysis within the district office
- Assist with the implementation of special projects, contracts, and opportunities within the fiscal year
- Be an ambassador for COAD and contribute metrics, stories, and other content to marketing and brand development
- Bring new ideas, innovative solutions, and unlikely partners to the table with networking and outreach within the COAD region in the R&R network, and other nonprofit groups.
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree in a related field is required (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Experience with Ohio’s foster care system and experience in community outreach and community presentations is preferred
- Current Valid Driver’s License, dependable transportation and vehicle insurance are required in order to meet the requirements of this position
- Fluency in Microsoft suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), as well as all applications specific to the Division (examples: publishing, online training software, databases, etc.).
What You Get:
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, paid holidays; vision, dental, and medical insurance with an HSA option; generous retirement match, professional development opportunities, an incentivized employee wellness program, and an inclusive employee assistance program. Plus the opportunity to work in a great culture with a team that is committed to making our community a better place for everyone. COAD believes that having a diverse and inclusive workplace not only strengthens our work but is also essential for understanding and creating programs that support our target population. COAD is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, committed to building a diverse inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, citizenship status, caregiver status, or other categories protected by law.
How to Apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com