The Corporation for Ohio Appalachian Development (COAD) is a 50-year-old nonprofit organization that provides direct services for Ohio’s Appalachian counties in Early Care and Education, AmeriCorps Seniors, Weatherization and Energy Efficiency, and serves the state of Ohio in its accredited Weatherization Training Center. Our regional approach offers many unique benefits including connecting a credentialed workforce with meaningful employment.
Improving the Quality of Life in Appalachian Ohio
COAD is the administrative & advocacy hub for a 17-member Community Action Network.
COAD Region By the Numbers
- 12.7%of children have never seen a dentist
- $7105per-child, per-year is the average cost of childcare
- 26.8%of children are in food insecure households
- 40.8%of third graders are overweight or obese
- 15%of a family's income is spent on childcare for one child
- 55.7%of children qualify for free or discounted lunch